Home » Question » Electrical Engineering » Transformer » Which of the following is not a basic element of a transformer ?
(b) primary winding
(c) secondary winding
(d) mutual flux.
Ans : D
- Transformers have two windings namely, the primary winding and secondary winding
- The primary winding is the coil that draws power from the source
- The secondary winding is the coil that delivers the energy at the transformed or changed voltage to the load
- The purpose of any magnetic core is to provide an easy path for flux
- Mutual flux is not a basic element of a transformer