JEE Main 2022 Application Form: Central Board of Secondary Education is going to conduct JEE Main 2022 to complete admission process in BTech/BE courses in IITs and NITs colleges. In short, JEE Main stands for Joint Entrance Exam Main is a national level entrance exam for engineering students. CBSE release JEE Main 2022 Application From and conduct JEE Main exam 2022 once in a year. JEE main 2020 score will be valid for 1 year. Every year lakhs of studensts apply for JEE Main. So if you are one of them, here we are shaing all about JEE Main 2022 exam. Follow this article for JEE Main Application form, exam pattern, exam dates admit card and syllabus.
JEE Main is the national level engineering entrance exam for admission in NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other (CFTs) Centrally Funded Technically Institutions. CBSE will release JEE Main 2022 Notification very soon and will conduct this exam in online and offline mode across india. Jee Main is the qualifying step for JEE Advance 2022. Candidates who will clear both JEE Main and Advance exam will secure seat in IITs and ISM.
|JEE Main 2022 Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|JEE Main 2022 Official Website||www.jeemain.nic.in|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Number of Papers||2 (Paper 1 for B.E./B.Tech and Paper 2 for B.Arch.)|
|Candidates Expected to Appear in JEE Main 2022||Over 13,00,000|
|Qualifying Rate in JEE Main||72%|
|JEE Main Helpdesk||011-7042399520|
JEE Main 2022 Important Dates
In 2020 Jee Main, there were 1,176,564 application form. So you can expect how many candidates will apply for JEE Main 2022 exam. There are almost 11,000 seats are available. JEE Exam is organised in both offline and online. So, in JEE 2022, can an apply for either computer based exam or pen paper based exam.
|Release of JEE Main 2022 Notification||November 2020|
|Release of JEE Main Application Form 2022||December 2020|
|Last date to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020||January 01, 2020|
|JEE Main 2022 Application Form Correction Window||January 2020|
|Issue of JEE Main 2022 Admit Card||March 12, 2020 (tentative)|
|JEE Main 2022 Offline Exam Date (Paper 1 and Paper 2)||April 8, 2020|
|JEE Main 2022 Online Exam Date (Paper 1)||April 15 & 16, 2020|
|Release of JEE Main 2022 Answer Key and OMR Sheet||April 24 – April 27, 2020|
|JEE Main 2022 Result Date||April 30, 2020|
|Announcement of Top 2,24,000 candidates||April 30, 2020|
|Declaration of JEE Main All India Ranks||Before or on June 30, 2020|
- In 2020, CBSE declared 258 (248 in india and 10 outside india) new exam centers.
- A Diabetic student can carry eatables or fruits and a transparent water bottle in examination hall
- Now from 2020, candidates can book their seat for online exam.
- Candidate must have to submit Aadhar Card at the time of filling JEE Main application form 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Application Form
JEE Main 2022 Notification will be released by CBSE in November 2020. As per past year, JEE Main 2022 application form will be start from 1st december 2020. Intersted candidates can apply online for JEE Main 2022 online from official website.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
|Criteria||Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main||Relaxation (for reserved categories)|
|Age limit||Must have been born on or after Oct 1, 1993||5 Years relaxation for SC, ST and PWD|
|Minimum qualifying marks (for admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs)||75% marks in aggregate||65% marks in aggregate|
|Year of passing class 12||Passing after 2015 or appearing in 2020||–|
|Total number of attempts||3||–|
- Only those studensts whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1998 will be eligible.
- Applicants who have passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2020.
- The number of attempts which applicants can take is limited to 3.
JEE Main 2022 Registration
Before applying online for JEE Main exam, candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully. Registration for JEE Main exam 2022 will start from first december 2020. And Jee Main 2022 Registration will over on 1st Jan 2020. So we have 1 month to apply for JEE Main 2022 which is an engineering entrance exam and also gateway to take admission in top engineering colleges i.e. IIITs, IITs, NITs and CFTs. Before applying online for JEE main 2020 exam, prepare following documents.
- Scanned Copies of:
- Adhaar Card
- Academic Documents
- Valid Mail ID
- Valid Mobile No.
- Credit/Debit Card for fee payment
Once you have above details, then you can fill JEE Main 2022 Application form in three steps. These three steps are as follows.
- Application Form: Fill Basic Information
- Upload Scanned Images
- Fee Payment
Here after take a look at complete JEE Main 2022 application process.
Application Form: Fill Basic Information
- First of all, candidate need to open the official website of JEE Main 2022.
- Then you have to click on “Apply for JEE Main 2022” button.
- Before proceding furher, read all instructions carefully. Then click “Proceed to Apply Online” button by ticking check box.
- Now fill Nationality, State of Eligibility, State, Identification No. (Aadhaar details), D.O.B, Gender, security pin and proced by filling captcha.
- Next select mode of exam, and medimum of question paper.
- Then enter your personal details like your name, parents name and all.
- In next step, enter Academic Details like school name and passing year.
- Next enter your adress, mobile number and eMail Id.
- You also need to submit Guardians Details (Their Qualification,Occupation, annual income)
- Next create password and click on Next Button.
- Again it will show review page, You have to double check your entries and click submit button.
Upload Scanned Images
- Next you have to upload your scanned passport size photograph, signature. Read important information regarding to uploading scanned images below.
Jee Main 2022 Photograph:
Before uploading scanned copy of photograph, check these points.
- Should be in passport size with name and date of birth.
- Should be colored or with clear background (white and blue).
- Photographs should be in JPG and JPEG Format.
- Blurred images are not allowed.
- Size should be 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm(width*height).
- Size between 4 kb to 40 kb. More than this size not accepted.
Jee Main 2022 Signatures:
Before uploading scanned copy of Signatures, check these points.
- Signatures should be done by candidates, because it may check frequently in future.
- Signature should be in white background.
- Size should be 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
- Size should fall between 1 kb to 30 kb.
- Should be JPG and JPEG format.
After submitting images, click preview tab and check your image and signature. If everything is fine, click Next step otherwise use edit opton to update photograph and signature.
Pay Jee Main Fee Payment
After submitting images, next you have to pay JEE Main 2022 application fee. Check below table to check Jee Main Applcation Fee 2020.
The application fee varies for applicants depending on their Category and Gender.
Offline Exam (Pen or Paper Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
|Exam Center in India||Exam Centre in out of India|
Online Mode (Computer Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
Here is complete guide to pay JEE Main Application fee.
- After submitting images, you will see Pay Exam Fee link. Simplly open that link.
- You can make payment by via credit card, debit card or through net banking. If you want to pay offline you can pay via e-challan from Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank.
- There is additional charges applicable i.e. 1.20% of the fee with GST for credit Card and 0.75% of the fee with GST for debit card.
- JEE Main 2022 Application fee is not refundable.
So, after paying application fee/ JEE Main 2022 registration fee, take a printout of acknowledgment page for future purpose.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
JEE Main Paper 1
|JEE Main Paper 1 Total Questions||90|
|JEE Main Paper 1 Total Marks||360|
|Total questions in each section||Physics: 30, Chemistry: 30, Maths: 30|
|Marks in each question||4|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice|
|Negative Marking||For all incorrect answers, 1 mark is deducted. No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions.|
JEE Main Paper 1 Question
JEE Main Paper 2
|Total questions in each section||Part 1: 50 questions, Part 2: 30 questions, Part 3: 2 questions|
|Marks in each section||4 marks for each question in Part 1 and Part 2, 35 marks for each question in Part 3|
|Question Type||Part 1, Part 2 Objective Type; Part 3 Drawing Test|
|Negative Marking||For all incorrect answers in Part 1 and Part 2, 1 mark is deducted. No mark will be deducted for un-attempted questions. No negative marking in Part 3.|
JEE Main Paper 2 questions
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
Jee Main 2022 Physics Syllabus
|JEE MAIN 2020 PHYSICS SYLLABUS|
|Gravitation & Electrostatics|
|Current Electricity & Heat Transfer|
|Waves & Sound|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases|
Jee Main 2022 Mathematics Syllabus
|JEE MAIN 2020 MATHEMATICS SYLLABUS|
|Quadratic equations and expressions|
|Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|Circles and Family of Circles|
|Sequence and Series|
|Hyperbola in coordinate geometry|
|Definite inte gral in calculus|
Jee Main 2022 Chemistry Syllabus
|JEE MAIN 2020 CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS|
|Chemical equilibrium in physical chemistry|
|Carbonyl Compounds & their derivatives|
|Mole concept & the concept of equivalents,|
|Qualitative analysis in inorganic chemistry|
JEE Main 2022 Reservation Criteria
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability||3% horizontal|
JEE Main 2022 Seat Intake
|Institutes||Total No. of Institutes||Total Seats Itake||Category|
|General + General PwD||OBC + OBC PwD||SC + SC PwD||ST + ST PwD|
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card
JEE Main Admit Card 2022 will be release by CBSE in March 2020. As national level exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode, but JEE 2022 Hall Ticket will be available only online. Authority will not send admit card through post. By using user id and passowrd, aspirant can download JEE main 2020 Call Letter from official website.
Candidates who applied for JEE main 2020 exam, their JEE Main Hall Ticket will be available. To get entry in exam hall, student must have valid admit card and ID proff as well. Following documents can be used as ID Proof.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Card
- Driving License
Candidates from PwD Category need to carry category certificate.
Details On JEE Main Admit Card 2022
JEE Main Call letter 2020 will contain following details.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Center Name And Address
- State of eligibility
- Applicant Photo
- Applicant Signature
- Mode of question paper
Candidates can download JEE 2022 hall ticket online from the official website.
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2022
To download admit card, hall ticket or call letter, you can follow these steps.
- First open the official site i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in
- Enter Application number, Date of birth and the Captcha Code.
- After filling the form, click on login button.
- Now the admit card will be shown on your screen.
- You can first download the admit card, and then take a print out of it.
JEE Main 2022 Cut Off Marks
Cut off marks are minimum marks to appear in JEE Advance exam and as well to take participate in counselling round.
The expected cut off for JEE Main 2022 is given below:
|Category||Cut-off Marks (Expected)|
JEE Main 2022 Couselling
JEE Main 2022 Counselling process will be done thorough JoSSA. Jossa is responsible for both JEE Main and JEE Advance Counselling. Counselling for JEE Main 2022 will be start from first week of july 2020.
|JoSAA Counselling begins from||1st week of July 2020|
|Number of Institutes participating in JoSAA||97 (23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 GFTIs)|
|Total Seats offered through JoSAA||36208 seats|
|Number of institutes participating in CSAB SFTI||17 Self-Financed Technical Institutes|
|Total seats in CSAB SFTI||12966 seats|
|Total NEUTs offering admissions||213 AICTE approved institutes|
|Seats offered through CSAB NEUTs||981 seats|